Gladstone Regional Council and partners are calling for community members, with an interest and passion in volunteering, to express their interest in being a part of the Friends of Philip Street Volunteers.
Friends of Philip Street Volunteers will support the Philip Street Communities and Families Precinct operations, including upholding and supporting the collaborative vision of being a vibrant and evolving space that supports and enhances community wellbeing for all. Volunteers will also uphold the precinct's values of wellbeing, learning and connection.
About Friends of Philip Street Volunteers
The volunteers will be an important part of the precinct and act as Connectors among community, Council and other service providers as well as Community Gardeners, supporting collaboration and promoting the Philip Street Precinct Principles:
- Valuing diversity
- Building equity
- Being open
- Ensuring mutual benefits
- Being courageous.
You can choose to apply for one or more volunteer roles described below.
Please note: Other opportunities may be available in the coming months. If you would like to be a part of our team of volunteers and possess any skills that would be beneficial to the precinct, feel free to complete a EOI form and submit it through the process below.
We are currently taking Expression of Interest for the following:
As a Community Gardeners you will learn and share gardening skills and join in the growth of a community led garden that grows fruit and vegetables to harvest for community. Fruit and vegetables will be shared and given to anyone in the community who needs fresh locally grown produce.
- Friendly, polite and approachable
- Able to build and maintain connections with community and between service providers.
- Empathetic, respectful and inclusive
- Motivated to uphold the values of the precinct
- Able to find your own means of transport to and from the work site
- Able to work in an outdoor gardening environment
- Able to meet the physical requirements to safely perform gardening work (will be assessed and restrictions on some tasks may apply based an individual’s physical capacity)
- Able to donate time to volunteer
- Able to attend Volunteer team meetings or specific training supplied by Council?
- Embrace diversity
- Always display a professional and friendly manner
- Have a current Blue Card to work with children or able to acquire one? (this is arranged through Council at no cost to you)
How to join the team
If you meet the criteria and are interested in becoming a Friends of Philip Street Volunteer, please complete the attached Application Forms from the Document Library on the right side panel.
Completed expression of interest forms can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Paper copies of the application forms can be dropped to Ngallil Building (Green building) at the Philip Street Communities and Families Precinct, 1 Pengelly Street, West Gladstone (off Philip Street).